A recent study of children aged 16 and younger in the United Kingdom found that anaphylaxis rarely occurred as a result of common pediatric immunizations and not at all as a result of infant and preschool immunizations.
A Virginia first grader, Ammaria Johnson, died Monday shortly after suffering an apparent allergic reaction to something she ate at school. Paramedics received an emergency call at 2:26PM and arrived shortly afterward to find Ammaria in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead after her arrival at Chippenham Medical Center.
Subscribe via E-MailSubscribe for 2-3 email updates per month and never miss an advisory! Unsubscribe at any time. We pledge never to share your address.
Articles by Category
Articles by TagAllergence allergen safe snack list anaphylaxis auto-injector Auvi-Q child classroom clinical study cross-contamination death egg-free emergency action plan epinephrine Epipen® flyer Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA) food allergies Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) food allergy statistics Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food labels kindergarten legislation major food allergens Manufacturer Partnership Program nurse parenting strategy peanut-free peanut butter ban peanuts preschool principal product recall Safe Snack Guide Sanofi school School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act school policies SnackSafely.com stock epinephrine legislation study teacher tragedy tree nut free update
Articles by Month