Tag: food allergies

Tanner Henstra

11 Year Old Utah Boy Dies of Accidental Peanut Ingestion

An 11 year old boy from St George, Utah died of complications from anaphylaxis last week after accidentally placing a peanut butter filled pretzel in his mouth.
Pretzel!

Update to Safe Snack Guide: April 25, 2013

Please note that we have removed three items from our Safe Snack Guide and have confirmed the safety of a fourth.
Fresh Air with Terry Gross

Interview: Dr Kari Nadeau of SAFAR

Listen to an interview with Dr Kari Nadeu, Director of the Stanford Alliance for Food Allergy Research
Pretzel!

Update to Safe Snack Guide: April 4, 2013

We have removed a number of items from our Safe Snack Guide.
Get the Swag for Mother's Day and FARE Gets the Profit!

Get Swag for Mother's Day (and FARE Gets the Profits!)

We've had such an overwhelmingly positive response to our humorous WARNING! graphic that we've made it available on apparel, mugs and magnets!
No Nuts Moms Group

Playgroup for Kids, Support Group for Moms: No Nuts Moms Group!

Need to find a safe playgroup for your child with food allergies? Need a community of like-minded moms for ideas and support? Check out the No Nuts Moms Group.
Vitamin D and Pregnancy

Study: High Levels of Vitamin D During Pregnancy Linked to Food...

A study concludes that high levels of vitamin D in the blood of expectant mothers correlated with increased incidence of food allergy in their children.

Study: Food Allergy Diets Impair Growth in Children

Diets for food-allergic children that are restricted to avoid allergens may impair their growth.

Update to Safe Snack Guide: January 31, 2013

With Valentine's day approaching fast, we've added a special holiday section to the Safe Snack Guide so that your food allergic loved ones can feel special too.

Auvi-Q Voice Guided Epinephrine Auto-Injector Now Available in US

The Auvi-Q voice guided epinephrine auto-injector is now available from retail pharmacies in the US with a prescription.