Kids with Food Allergies
Kids With Food Allergies (KFA) is a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), the nation’s oldest and leading asthma and allergy not-for-profit organization. With one in 13 children living with a food allergy, KFA services are needed now more than ever. We are a vital lifeline to families raising children with food allergies.
KFA is dedicated to saving lives and reducing the burden of food allergies through support, advocacy, education and research.
The KFA CARES:
- Community outreach and support drive our most important programs:
- Advocacy tools make it easier for you to take action on issues important to you. KFA advocates for better food labeling, improved school policies, affordable medicine and health care, funding for research and public accommodations.
- Research on food allergies will help improve the quality of life for families and find ways to prevent the development of food allergies or treat them. KFA believes patients and their families are central to this research.
- Education saves lives. KFA offers you the tools you need to learn how to reduce risk of allergic reactions and what to do if a reaction happens. We also offer thousands of allergy-friendly recipes and tips on how to cook and bake allergy safe foods.
- Support is available 7 days a week. Parents of children with food allergies can receive personalized help on our private support forums. We also offer extensive outreach through our social media channels and our network of local chapters and support groups.