An advocacy dedicated to improving the safety and quality of life of Californians living with severe food allergies has launched.
California Advocates for Food Allergies (CAFA) was founded by a team of advocates and activists well known to the on-line community concerned with anaphylaxis. The executive board members are:
- Connie Green, BSc, Founder SF Bay Area Food Allergy Network – Chair;
- Sharon Wong, MEd, Founder of Nut Free Wok – Communications & Media;
- Lori Fletcher, Founder South Orange County Food Allergy Network – Membership;
- Caroline Chen, JD, LLM, SAFAR Community Council – Secretary & Treasurer;
- Brian Hom, Chair of BJ Hom Run/Walk in California Bay Area 2011-2013 – Parent Advocate;
- Kelly Rudnicki, The Food Allergy Mama – Parent advocate.
In addition to raising awareness about the seriousness of food allergies, the group will promote legislative initiatives at the state and national level. First on the agenda is garnering support for SB 1266, a bill introduced by State Senator Bob Huff proposing stock epinephrine for California schools.
We encourage all our California readers to support CAFA and their efforts. Find out more by visiting their site or Facebook page.