Please take a few minutes to read about the many additions and changes in this edition of the Safe Snack Guide.
Halloween 2013 Edition!
In addition to our usual goodies, you’ll find a whole page of Halloween treats – perfect for trick-or-treat or nut-free classroom celebrations. New this year, we provide size/packaging information and indicate whether the items are individually wrapped!
We’ve added a new coupon section just in time to save you money on your Halloween purchases! Save 10-20% from your favorite manufacturers and retailers. Simply click on the ad to visit the sponsor’s site and save!
We’re pleased to announce that four additional companies have joined our Manufacturers’ Partnership Initiative and are now providing us with processing details regarding 11 allergens for all their products.
We’ve added products from the following manufacturers that previously had listings in the Safe Snack Guide:
- Enjoy Life – Focused on providing foods that are not only safe but taste great too, all their products are gluten-free, free of the 8 most common (FALCPA) allergens, kosher and verified non-GMO;
- Divvies – Baker of cookies and cupcakes, popper of gourmet popping corn and confectioner of dairy-free chocolates, all their products are manufactured in a dedicated facility without using peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and dairy;
- Lucy’s – Baker of cookies and cakes made without milk, eggs, peanuts or tree nuts in a dedicated bakery using allergen-tested raw ingredients. Their products are certified gluten-free, vegan, kosher pareve and verified non-GMO.
We’re also pleased to announce the addition of products from a manufacturer new to the Guide:
- Late July Organic Snacks – With an extensive line of tortilla chip varieties, all their products are made with organic ingredients free of GMOs, synthetic pesticides, chemical fertilizers and antibiotics.
Snack Category Changes
We’ve made a few changes to our snack categories:
- New Cereal category added;
- Flours/Mixes/Coatings renamed Baking/Mixes;
- Chocolate chips and baking chocolate moved from Chocolate to Baking/Mixes.
The following item has been removed from the Guide:
- Dunkaroos has been discontinued by its manufacturer.
We strongly urge you to discard any printed copies you may have stuffed in your shopping bag or glove compartment and download a fresh, current copy from the following link:
Click here for the Safe Snack Guide
Once again, we thank our readers and subscribers for their diligence and feedback which helps us keep the Safe Snack Guide up-to-date between product surveys. If you have not subscribed to our mailing list for updates and product advisories, we suggest you do so by completing the form in the right sidebar.