This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's 2016 #DoYour17 campaign. You can still consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge. E-A-T is underwriting all costs so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
When a family receives a diagnosis of food allergy for the first time, they’re generally provided with a list of foods to avoid and a friendly smile as they’re ushered out the door to accommodate the next patient. Though it’s easy to understand what to avoid, physicians generally provide no guidance regarding what to buy, what to prepare, and the mechanics of cooking with new restrictions.
That’s where Tracy Bush’s e-book “The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies” comes in. Written by a food allergy consultant, blogger, and mom to a son with severe food allergies, this book starts with the basics of transforming and restocking your kitchen, then goes on to provide you with recipes, substitution guides, and a host of tips to ease you through the process of preparing safe meals for your family.
The book also provides a number of resources that every food allergy parent of school aged children should take advantage of including samples of a food allergy action plan and a letter to fellow classroom parents, a primer on how to read product labels, and information regarding 504 plans.
To learn more about “The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies” and Tracy’s blog, visit allergyphoods.com.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer