Last January, we reported the passing of Megan Lee, a 15 year-old teenager with a severe tree nut allergy who died in the hospital on New Year’s Day. She suffered an anaphylactic reaction two days before after consuming take-out from an Indian restaurant in her native Lancashire, UK.
At the time, two men were arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter. Today comes word that both men were officially charged with manslaughter in Megan’s death.
The company that owned the restaurant at the time was also charged with one count of failing to discharge general health and safety duty to a person other than an employee.
The case is due in magistrates court on January 4.