This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's 2016 #DoYour17 campaign. You can still consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge. E-A-T is underwriting all costs so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
If you had any doubt that families everywhere are struggling to put interesting, healthy meals on the table, take a minute and Google “recipes” or simply log into Pinterest. While it’s hard enough to find options without dietary restrictions, it’s almost impossible for a family coping with any number of food allergies and/or celiac disease. Almost.
That’s where Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean (CAFE) by Jackie Ourman comes in. The site is a compendium of mouth watering recipes developed by Jackie herself a chef with exceptional credentials: Trained at the Institute of Culinary Education after which she interned at the test kitchen of Bon Appétit magazine, she is also a celiac sufferer and mom to boys with peanut, tree nut, and sesame allergies.
Aside from a full library of entrees, appetizers, desserts and side dishes, the site is thoughtfully designed with each dish cross-referenced into allergen-free categories. Looking for Top-8 free? Simply click on the #top8free tag. Each dish also has a printable recipe card for you hardcopy aficionados.
To browse her CAFE recipes and learn more about Jackie’s story, visit: jackieourman.com.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer