From Ilana Golant, Founder and CEO, Food Allergy Fund:
The next Food Allergy Fund Summit is a month away! We hope you will join us for a day of learning, raising awareness, and funding research on November 14th at the Newseum in Washington, DC.
The Summit will feature leading doctors and scientists, members of Congress, advocates, media, celebrity chefs, entrepreneurs, athletes, and more! The Summit will be preceded by a research fundraising dinner on November 13th featuring leading doctors and scientists for an intimate discussion on the state of research.
For more details about the Summit and Dinner and to register, please visit: https://foodallergyfund.org/summit-dc-19.
We have an amazing lineup. In addition to opening keynote speaker FDA Commissioner, Dr Norman Sharpless, we welcome:
- Allison Aubrey, Food and Health Correspondent, NPR
- Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
- Chris Cillizza, Political Reporter and Editor-at-Large, CNN
- Dr. Scott Boyd M.D., Ph.D., Director, Boyd Lab for Human Immunology; Member, Child Health Research Institute; Associate Professor of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Dr. Linda Herbert, Ph.D., Director, Psychosocial Clinical Program, Division of Allergy & Immunology; Assistant Professor at Children’s National Health System
- Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA)
- Dr. Xiu Min-Li, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College
- Erin Malawer, Founder & Executive Director, Allergy Strong
- Lianne Mandelbaum, Founder, No Nut Traveler
- Katherine Miller, VP, Impact, James Beard Foundation
- Dr. Hemant Sharma, M.D., Chief, Division of Allergy & Immunology, Children’s National Health System
- Dr. Wayne Shreffler, Chief, Pediatric Allergy & Immunology, Director, Food Allergy Center at Massachusetts General Hospital; Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Gwen Smith, Editor, Allergic Living
- Zhaire Smith, NBA Player, Philadelphia 76ers
- Mary Vargas, Co-Founder, Allergy Law Project
- JJ Vulopas, Founder, Land of Can; Advocate
- Dr. Gary D. Wu, M.D., Director, Molecular Biology Core, Associate Chief for Research, Division of Gastroenterology; Associate Director, Center for Molecular Studies in Digestive and Liver Disease; Ferdinand G. Weisbrod Professor in Gastroenterology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Please help us spread the word about the Summit with friends, family, and colleagues. We can’t wait to see you in November!