Allergic Living has posted an excellent article in response to the tragic death of Natalie Giorgi, the 13 year old girl who suffered a fatal bout of anaphylaxis after biting into a treat made with peanut butter.
Yes, we know this is Food Allergy Awareness Week but we're still basking in the glow of Mother's Day! Celebrate superhero moms everywhere and don't forget to take two epinephrine auto-injectors along everywhere, every time!
Established in 2011, SnackSafely.com provides straightforward, actionable information to help improve the lives of the estimated 32 million people in the US suffering with food allergies.
We strive to eliminate anaphylaxis by leveraging our on-line properties to educate, advocate, and connect the allergic community with products and services that help toward achieving this goal.
Our blog covers topics of interest to the food allergy community including news reports; ongoing research, clinical studies, trials and progress toward treatment and cure; general advocacy; and advice regarding food safety and school policies.