This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's #DoYour17 campaign. Please consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge or starting your own. E-A-T is underwriting all costs, so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
If you spend any time online researching food allergies, you’ve likely heard about Caroline Moassessi, a vocal advocate for the community. Drawing on her own experience raising two boys with food allergies and asthma, you’ll find her on her local TV station providing context to allergy-related topics, supporting stock epinephrine legislation in her state’s legislature, and presenting at an array of food allergy conferences nationwide. She was also responsible for helping draft her school district’s food allergy management guidelines that have served as a template for many other districts across the country.
Visiting Caroline’s blog, Grateful Foodie, is very much like stopping by your friend’s house for coffee and a chat, except this friend is dealing with many of the same issues you are. During your visit, you’ll swap recipes, discuss food allergy news, get her take on products, and learn more about the basics of allergy and asthma management. You might even be inspired to step up and advocate for your community!
You can find Grateful Foodie and Caroline’s insight at gratefulfoodie.com.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer