This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's 2016 #DoYour17 campaign. You can still consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge. E-A-T is underwriting all costs so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
You may have heard it the other way around, but we’ve taken to referring to Erin Brockovich as the “Robyn O’Brien of environmental issues”.
For those of you who may not know Robyn by name, she is a tireless advocate for the safety and transparency of our food supply. Her efforts are instrumental in forcing Big Food to disclose their use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and she is taking on Monsanto – a huge multinational agrochemical conglomerate – to curtail the use of their RoundUp glyphosate, deemed a carcinogen in Europe but used indiscriminately in the US.
Robyn is the author of “The Unhealthy Truth”, which correlates the manipulation of our food with the increase in the incidence of food allergies and cancers. She is also the founder of the Allergy Kids Foundation, which focuses on protecting American children from the dangers of additives to and genetic modification of food.
Robyn’s site features a wealth of articles and podcasts, many of which examine food allergy from the perspective of the food supply and what’s been done to it. If you ever question the why of food allergies, her site should be your first stop.
You can find Robyn’s blog and insight at robynobrien.com.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer