This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's 2016 #DoYour17 campaign. You can still consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge. E-A-T is underwriting all costs so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
Parenting a young child with food allergies isn’t just about the food allergies; it’s about everyday parenting too. There are many good parenting sites in the blogosphere and many good food allergy sites as well, but few that seamlessly integrate the two.
Nut Allergy Mom is a blog within a blog by Amanda West, who also runs the Mommity site on general parenting. Mommity offers product reviews, parenting tips, health and fitness ideas and Do it Yourself projects (think “5 Tried and True Potty Training Tips from Moms”), while Nut Allergy Mom offers food allergy specific advice including peanut and gluten-free recipes, reviews, and tips.
The two together provide a great stop for moms with young kids who just happen to have food allergies. After all, they need potty training tips too.
To learn more about Nut Allergy Mom and Mommity, visit Amanda’s site at nutallergymom.com.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer