This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's 2016 #DoYour17 campaign. You can still consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge. E-A-T is underwriting all costs so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
Sending a child off to preschool is an apprehensive time for any parent, but even considering doing so for a child with severe food allergies often induces panic and dread. How do you prepare? How do you engage with the preschool faculty and staff? What can you do to help ensure the safety of your child?
For many years, parents of young children with food allergies have had to answer these questions on their own, but today there is a resource that help you navigate the process.
The Preschool Food Allergy Handbook is an indispensable manual that provides guidance to parents and providers based on research, the law, and best practices. Complete with checklists and resources, the Handbook will help you develop a comprehensive food allergy management plan that provides the framework necessary to help keep your child happy, secure and safe.
The Handbook was co-authored by two renown advocates in the food allergy community: Gina Mennett Lee, an educator and consultant specializing in food allergy management in the school setting, and Laurel Francoeur, an attorney focused on food allergy, responsible for drafting state stock epinephrine legislation and providing testimony about food allergy issues on state and federal levels.
Learn more about the Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by clicking here and gain insights from the authors by visiting Gina’s site (foodallergyconsulting.com) and Laurel’s site (francoeurallergylaw.com).
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer