This article highlights a resource that provides inspiration and valuable services to the food allergy community. We pledged to highlight 17 such resources for End Allergies Together's #DoYour17 campaign. Please consider sponsoring our effort with a pledge or starting your own. E-A-T is underwriting all costs, so 100% of your donation goes toward funding research into a cure for food allergy.
Surprisingly, there is little video content available dealing with the every day aspects of families living with food allergy. One exception is a series of 5-10 minute shorts released over the past nine years.
The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast, produced and hosted by Yael Walters Kozar, broaches a wide range of topics including interviews of teens coping with food allergy, a discussion with Jo Frost of Super Nanny fame, and a report from a FAAN (the predecessor of FARE) fund raising walk.
Yael herself is a food allergy advocate who serves as president of Allergy Support & Anaphylaxis Prevention and has volunteered for other non-profits over the years. Her podcasts provide a window into the food allergy community via a medium that personalizes the topics covered and fosters discussion.
Unfortunately, there is currently no single site where these podcasts are showcased, but you can find them via Google search by clicking here.
Other food allergy resource highlights in this series:
- Nut Free Wok by Sharon Wong
- No Nuts Moms Group by Lisa Rutter
- Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
- Grateful Foodie by Caroline Moassessi
- Robynobrien.com by Robyn O'Brien
- Preschool Food Allergy Handbook by Lee and Francoeur
- Keeley McGuire Blog by Keeley McGuire
- Nutley the Nut-Free Squirrel by Stephanie Sorkin
- The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies by Tracy Bush
- Allergy Moms by Gina Clowes
- The No Nut Traveler by Lianne Mandelbaum
- FABlogCon by Jenny Sprague
- Nut Allergy Mom by Amanda West
- The Anaphylactic Allergy Podcast by Yael Walters Kozar
- Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurean by Jackie Ourman
- Gluten-Free Life Blog & Podcast by Jules Shepard
- Allergy Superheroes by Eileen and Dean Rhoadarmer