Last week, Dave Bloom, CEO of SnackSafely.com appeared in a one-hour segment on the “Middays with Michelle Show“, broadcast on WPG Talk Radio 1450, a station that serves South Jersey and the Philadelphia area.
The host, Michelle Dawn Mooney – who features a “Wellness Wednesday” segment and herself suffers from a severe tree nut allergy – invited Dave back to discuss the latest developments regarding Kellogg’s surreptitious disclosure that they would begin adding peanut flour to products that were previously considered “safe” from peanuts.
Dave and Michelle discuss Kellogg’s plan as well as the company’s response to the #NoPeanutFlour petition that has now garnered over 23,000 signatures. The petition urges the Kellogg Company to reconsider their plan that will endanger the most vulnerable in the food allergy community.
You can listen to the interview in it’s entirety below, but we suggest you skip to minute 25 to hear the discussion as it relates to Kellogg’s:
Our special thanks to Michelle for devoting air-time to this issue.
If you are unfamiliar with Kellogg’s announcement, you can learn more about it from this 2½ minute video describing how the company’s reckless and irresponsible plan will impact the food allergy community:
- Kellogg’s: Potential for Injury, Illness and Death is a Cost of Doing Business
- Kellogg’s Responds to Petition with Even More Dangerous Plan
- Petition to Kellogg’s on Change.org
- Kellogg’s #NoPeanutFlour Petition Reaches 20,000 Signatures, Company Remains Silent
- Answering Your Questions About the Kellogg’s “No Peanut Flour” Petition